Analysis Resource Notes and Organizations
This page is notes on reference, places and organizations I have found searching from 2018 relating to social alchemy and other related topics within the general area of alchemy related social existence.and change.
A few predate this site and may not be complete articles on the topic, but may references to the concept. Doing a search on Academia.edu will bring up numerous academic papers using the term in their own context.
Included here is material about related topics such as social engineering. perhaps the main difference between social alchemy and social engineering is intent and methods. Another difference is that social alchemy while related to science in a few ways is NOT a science and predates it. Social engineering is a arguably a product various science schools of thought and methods. Alchemy and science have rather long history of being at odds and finding a common ground. Much of this can be related to the of the Royal Society. Unfortunately, when the Royal society was founded, it mostly was concerned with normalizing the physical elemental aspects of alchemy, in the promotion of industrial chemistry and institutional controllable standardized knowledge and education. The behavioral, social and metaphysical knowledge aspects of western and other cultural forms of alchemy were some what considered later. The struggle for acceptance for in main stream cultures of alchemy to this day is well documented.
The main problem divorcing all alchemy, as just the transmutation of gold sort of thing, it contributes to the struggle in understanding how and why the human knowledge analyzed and used. So many have alchemy embedded in their indigenous cultural. While NOT all alchemy is useful knowledge today, nor is it all based on superstition. Much of alchemy is based is adaptation and experience. So would call it naturalist thinking.
The native American relationship to the land is good example of environmentally nurturing social alchemy as related to maintaining cultural ecological balance over generations.. The fight against Dakota Access pipeline in North Dakota showed o comment and realization that the fatal of the land upon one lives is to be fought for using modern legal tools to protect ancient holistic relationships.
Many native tribes see the land beyond being hunter gathers. They don’t tend to over use the land in general, they live upon. Most western societies with their with their narcissistic and hedonist industrial science based societies have failed to grasp the the need to foster mutualistic relations the biosphere in which their existence depends. Overall, western societies have developed and promoted the industrial cultural notion that their intellect as homo sapiens is more important than developing the harmony with each other or the world in which they breath upon.
Some social alchemist, scientist, both social and physical, but also political policy makers accept and use the connections of alchemy and modern science to this day. Although, the later group usually would consider that connection heresy, in the context of public education. Often such connection to the past are considered anecdotal at best, in the context of public information.
The problem is not really that social alchemist were so great. or science is so faulted. The alchemist made many mistakes, particularly in grasping the true value in what the silk road or other periods f trade. offered. They at time saw what suited them or were barred bans on knowledge that was not sectioned by the a nationalist state. Science when it modeled itself, created institutional based structures that are not kind to those who would challenge the them, particular in the physical science. Is seem the only real stewards of science are corporations and some governments. Alchemist at times had supports, such as Francis Bacon’s relationship to King James. The key is to when sponsorship impends vision.
Social Alchemy Organizations related sites and web articles
Article Sources found: Some have links
- THE FORMS OF CAPITAL Pierre Bourdieu Richardson, J., Handbook of Theory and Research for the Sociology of Education (1986), Westport, CT: Greenwood, pp. 241–58
- Dana Sherry, “Social Alchemy on the Black Sea Coast, 1860-1865”, Kritika: Explorations in Russian and Eurasian History, vol. 10, no. 1, (2009):
- THE RUSSIAN-SOVIET RESETTLEMENT POLICIES AND THEIR IMPLICATIONS FOR ETHNO-TERRITORIAL CONFLICTS IN THE SOUTH CAUCASUS By Farid Shafiyev
- Ethnographic Study on the Educational Leadership 20190530 24812 2cxbtp. by Anne Charmaine Ondo
- Article: Social Alchemy — more than just a Hipster catchphrase
- The Alchemy Guild has interesting publication called the Alchemy Journal. On their website is a link to free back issues of their journal. It seems their key focus is the alchemist concept of transformation. It is perhaps the best user friendly public social alchemy resource on the web.
[Tried to avoid commercial sites unless related to Social Alchemy as core concept]
Social Engineering Concept
- Social Engineering : Social alchemy is not social engineering by its nature. There are various meaning social engineering. The main two concepts come from: political science and web security.
- We are talking about social engineering in the context that these are organizations as related most to international political and sociological concerns. They would themselves not say they are social engineers, but perhaps state their interest is in social policy or guidance.
Social Engineering Organisations
- Center for Strategic & International Studies think tank
- Darpa: defense research and more
- Trilateral Commission: power brokers
- Systemic Risk Council
- The Council on Foreign Relations
Social Alchemy Organizations related sites