While social alchemy has many dimensions such political, cultural, geographical and economical. aspects it is social perception that binds this mixture elements together, in many forms.
Digital Social Alchemy:
How can digital communication tool design and thoughtful long term policies enhance societies while protecting the environment upon which it exist?
The social alchemists of the 21st century and beyond must transcend solo nation State, single cultural, religious, and academic considerations. They must be aware of all these concepts as tools to better grasp where we have been and where we may go. The social alchemists must, with great humility, creativity and empathy, understand the impact of how these aspects human perception of being and behavior have influenced its relationship to the ecosystems upon we are a part of and how we share it.
The digital space so called post industrial societies share is not an end in itself. As groups go forth into outer space, explore and exploit inter space, and embrace Trans-humanism. The social designs, lessons, art and past horrors must be considered as humans explore new biospheres, exist in more shared and interdependent ecosystems and discover forms of being, they can dominant.
“As above, so below; as below, so above.”–The Kybalion
I present this notion in the context of the Transhuman movement. This idea being the people basically enhance the mind and physical being by altering themselves using technology to be beyond human. It can also be seen as one notion of human transformation. It may not be the only road to personal transformation, but it does offer ideas for tools in social alchemy?
There is a video addressed this issue in the context of interactive technology.
The video was called: SIMULACRA, DEEPFAKES, AND AUGMENTED REALITY. It address some of the dangers and benefits of Augmented AR and Virtual reality VR technologies.
- Our growing digital reality brings some interesting concerns.
- How and at what pace will digital interactive reality, particularly Augmented AR and Virtual reality VR technology, implicitly and directly impact the social dynamic of those using such resources?H
- Globally and within societies not nations , how will such tools be integrated into an existing ecosphere in a mindful, long term responsible manner?
- Who will be including first in this expansion of synthetic consciousness and at what cost to the existing society,
- Is there equitable cost to the balance of the current biosphere?
- Is there a way to temper synthetic digital reality development with the ever evolving the individual need for the illusion of self perception?
- Can these technologies influence changes in how people interact, as much as what happened with the introduction of computers, cell phones and even mass transportation into a social culture?
- Whom will have excess to these interactive tools? Will they be for the collective growth and evolution social groups, society and its environment?
Corporations, governments, religious groups and science should not be allowed to individually decide how humans digitally interact with themselves or their environments. Public policies should collectively analyze, with great humility, how digital interactive reality technology, and the ways in which people interact will influence social perception of those using these tools. As with earlier interactive technologies, these tools often will outlast nation state and ideological boundaries. The social advantages and disadvantages of such interactive social tools can be compared to elements within the history western enlightenment.
The Republic of Letter: During the French Renaissance access to printing press and stamps to some extent were controlled by French government and monarchy. Publishing was not open to all. Intellectual discourse was filtered and French With the Advent of the Republic of letters, over time such resources became tools of the citizen of means, at least, for exchanging ideas and education.
The internet if used in the right context and by those with proper skills is a extension of the Republic of Letter.